Hey y’all. I haven’t done a Wedding Wednesday post in a while so here a little refresher. Wedding Wednesdays are when RSP talks about all things weddings — in particular, showcasing vendors that we adore and love to work with! These vendors are some of the best in the business and will make sure that your special day goes smoothly.
I can’t think of anything better than The Band Punch to get this series going again. They’re one of my favorite wedding bands — high energy and just loads of fun! They know how to get the party started and keep it rockin’ all night long. If you’re planning on booking a band for your wedding, definitely check them out at East Coast Entertainment.
Heres some basic information about the band:
Band Name: Punch
Hometown: Raleigh, NC
Members: Taylor Craig – Lead Vocalist | Keaton Lusk – Lead Vocalist | Doug Manning – Bass and Vocals | Neil Brown – Guitar | Chad Crowley – Saxophone | Rodney Ogden – Trumpet | Evrick Lee – Drums | Colin Neal – Keys and Vocals
Connect with Punch
Band Website: www.thebandpunch.com
Punch plays mostly private events like weddings. However, they do try to perform at one public event per month. A full list of upcoming dates can be found on their website, and they can be booked through East Coast Entertainment.
Now time for some fun – twenty questions with The Band Punch:
1. How did the band come into existence?
Punch was created in 2013 by a multigenerational group of family members who wanted to play together. We joined forces with a few talented friends and magic happened! Together, we’ve created a very high-energy show that gets everybody dancing every single time. (Doug)
2. Where is your favorite place you have played? Why?
I really enjoy every event in the Charleston, SC area due to its historical value and proximity to the ocean. (Rodney)
3. What has been your most memorable gig? What made it so memorable?
My most memorable gig was when we played a wedding reception at the top of the BB&T building in Raleigh, NC. The lit up cityscape was a beautiful backdrop to a fun night of celebration! (Taylor)
4. What are you listening to right now?
Bobby Caldwell – Break Away (Neil)
5. If you could meet any artist, dead or alive, who would it be?
Max Martin. (Keaton)
6. What is your favorite song to play?
Uptown Funk! It’s just one of those songs everybody knew was going to be a monster hit the first time we heard it. (Doug)
7. What would be your ultimate gig?
My ultimate gig would be to open for Chicago or Earth Wind & Fire. (Rodney)
8. If you didn’t play music, what would you be doing for a living?
Outside of the band, I am a Phlebotomist. If I weren’t playing music every week, I would be seeing patients and working in the laboratory at a medical clinic. (Taylor)
9. What is your favorite snack on the road?
Sheetz Giant Pretzel and a Boylan Black Cherry Soda (Neil)
10. What is your favorite thing about being a musician?
Music lets my soul express what I can’t in conversation. Being a musician allows me to live my passion; making people happy because I’m truly happy and lost in the music and the performance. People connect to that and I love to connect with people. (Keaton)
11. What is that one song that is guaranteed to get everybody out on the dance floor?
Wow, it’s tough to choose just one because we make sure our set lists are packed full of “no fail” dance songs. If we play a new song once and the dance floor doesn’t erupt, we cut it. Some of our favorite floor winners are Uptown Funk, Brickhouse, Shake It Off, and Lady Soul, but I could go on and on! (Doug)
12. What is special about your band?
Our band is special because we have a perfect balance of energetic youth and seasoned musicians on stage. (Rodney)
13. You are being exiled to a deserted island for the foreseeable future, but can take three things with you. What are they?
I’d take a knife, flint stones, and a lot of rope. Thank you Dad for all those childhood camping trips! Haha! (Taylor)
14. What was the first concert you attended?
Steven Curtis Chapman’s Declaration Tour (Neil)
15. Which song do people request most often?
Right now, people request Silento – Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) most often. I love to get out there and do the dance with everybody! Ha! (Keaton)
16. What is the one thing you want potential clients to know about you?
When clients hire us, our band understands it’s for one reason. That reason is to make their event successful in every way possible. We never treat an event like we’re the stars; it’s always about our client and their guests. We believe it’s this attitude that has made Punch so successful. (Doug)
17. What do you never leave home without?
My charm… LOL and my wallet. (Rodney)
18. What gets you excited about 2016?
I am so excited about all the weddings we are going to play this year! I always feel very honored when a couple chooses us to be a part of the biggest and most important day of their lives together. At every reception we play, there is always an extra feeling of excitement within the band that I love! We make it our goal to blow away every expectation of the bride and groom and we always have the best time! (Taylor)
19. If Hollywood made a movie of your band, which movie stars would play the roles of your band members?
Keaton: Russel Brand
Doug: Kevin Costner
Taylor: Kelly Clarkson
Rodney: Blake Shelton
Colin: James Franco
Neil: Seth Greene
Chad: Jack Black
Evrick: Nick Cannon
John: Ryan Gosling
20. If you had to pick one current hit song to play continuously, non-stop in the background of your everyday life, what would it be?
There are two hit songs that play in my head all the time as some sort of soundtrack. They are “Sweet Emotion” by Aerosmith and “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen. For some reason, whenever I burn a mix CD, I always include “Sweet Emotion” LOL (Keaton)
This girl can w-a-i-l some “At Last!”