What: Part-time student internship with Renee Sprink Photography
Where: Renee Sprink Photography in Raleigh
When: September 1! Interviews begin ASAP.
Hours: Flexible 10-15 hours per week, dependent upon your class schedule; occasional weekend work
Location: Raleigh and wherever your computer is
Length of Internship: September – May (2010/2011 academic year)
Deadline to Apply: August 20, 2010 APPLY HERE!
What is this? An internship with a creative, fun photographer!
Is it for me? If you have a passion for photography and/or strong business/marketing/communication skills, then YES! This is definitely for you! There is even a possibility that it will grow into a paid position.
What will I be doing? Every day is a bit different, but there are LOADS of fun tasks that I need help with including:
- Managing Facebook page and Web site
- Creating blog posts and Tweets
- Cool marketing stuff
- Some office assistant work (e.g. organizing gear, small errands, pricing, correspondence, etc.)
- Occasional light post production work (i.e. raw edits)
- Assisting on occasional photo shoots
What computer and software skills do I need?
You will need your own computer – and it helps if you are a Mac user, but it’s not a requirement.
You also need:
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or Lightroom
- Experienced in WordPress, Twitter and Facebook
What other skills do I need? To be successful in this position, you need to be:
- Internet savvy
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Flexible with daily tasks
- Own reliable transportation
- Basic photography skills a plus
- Willingness to learn