Ten answers. To ten questions. Let’s get to know one another.
I first saw the idea for this blogging tool on Gail Werner’s blog and I think it is complete brilliance! I’m excited to share this first installment of Ten on Tuesday with you. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to post one every week, but I will at least post one or two each month. I’m looking forward to you getting to know me….and I’d love for you to share your own answers in the comments section. It’ll be fun to read yours too!
1. What’s your variety of apple? Oh I love most any apple but my favorites are either Golden Delicious or Granny Smith. I like that little bit of tart — especially with a dash of salt on them!
2. Do you prefer Long-English or Field cucumbers? One thing to know about me is that I’m a very picky eater. I don’t like many vegetables, including cucumbers. (Aren’t cucumbers technically considered vegetables??)
3. Tomatoes – Delicious or disgusting? It’s totally a texture thing but I don’t like tomatoes either. I love ketchup. And I love tomato sauce – on just about anything. But not tomatoes themselves.
4. What’s one fruit or vegetable that you can’t stand and why is that? The ones that I actually like would be shorter than the ones I dislike. But…my most disliked fruit or vegetable – so easy. Green peas. I hate them. No seriously. I HATE them. In fact, hate is probably not a strong enough word. I LOATHE them! Blech!
5. What’s your favourite way to prepare veggies? (Grilled, boiled, roasted, sautéed, etc.) Hmmm…I guess it depends on the vegetable because really, I’d rather eat something else. But, I’m going to go with grilled because I do love corn on the grill. (My husband would say corn isn’t a real vegetable since it’s starchy and non-green, but it’s real to me, darn it!)
6. Sweet potato pie: Love it or hate it? Nope – not a fan of that either.
7. What’s your favourite “style” of French fry? Wedges, shoelace, curly, crinkle-cut or other? Fries? NOW we’re talkin’! I’ve never met a french fry I didn’t just love. I’ll take them any way you want to serve them up. Though, if I had to pick an absolute favorite, I guess I would go with a waffle fry.
8. What’s your favourite fruit-pie filling? It’s a texture thing but I don’t eat pie either. Unless it’s a Chocolate Chess Pie from the Angus Barn. And then it’s on. But I don’t think that really counts as an answer to this question.
9. When you were a kid did your parents make you sit at the table until all your veggies were eaten off your plate? Oh my. YES! And I’m sure my mom will laugh as soon as she sees this question because she KNOWS the answer. It was those darn green peas again. She made the little ones from the silver can (Paula Deen, she was not)…Le Seur (pronounced oh-so-appropriately Le SEWER!!). I would sit and sit and sit – for what seemed like an eternity – trying to choke those things down. Fortunately they were really small and I could swallow them whole without choking. One of the best days of my childhood was the day I discovered that if I held my nose and swallowed them whole, I couldn’t even taste them. Fortunately for me, Jeff doesn’t like them either so I can’t imagine having to eat those little devils again. Ever.
10. Do you drink veggie & fruit juice blends (such as V8, etc.) or make them yourself? Seriously? Vegetable juice? Uh no. I DO love fruit juice though – especially a blend of Pineapple-Orange!
So that wraps up this week’s Ten on Tuesday post. Be sure to share your own answers below! I really want to post an appropriate photo with each of these posts, and had I actually planned for this a little bit, I would have photographed a mini-shoot at the Farmer’s Market. But, as luck would have it, I was going through a wedding earlier today and ran across that vegetable display from the reception. That will have to do this time.